So now the craziness has passed slightly and I have come back down the earth, I thought I would tell you about my very exciting weekend… Definitely a reason to celebrate!
Friday evening saw me get myself back into a little black dress and gain the help of my amazing sister to make my makeup and hair look more presentable!
‘The South West Wedding Awards are the South West’s premier people’s choice awards to wedding service excellence. The Awards recognise those businesses which exceed the expectations for their customers, providing outstanding service and inspire their customers to want to actively and positively promote them.’
I had been following these very prestigious awards on Social media watching all the amazingly talented wedding suppliers brandishing their shiny glass trophies and decided “Hey why not, lets give it a go!” (admittedly after a rather large glass of wine!) To begin you must get all of your previous brides to vote for you, so after a post on my social media I was rather shocked to see so many of my brides giving me their votes! My lovely couples had to give me their votes out of 5 for my Service, Quality, Value for Money and Commitment, they also had to leave a paragraph about why they voted and any other comments they had about me.
So after gaining a very surprisingly large amount of votes I got put through to the next stage where the lovely ladies who run the awards determine the highest scoring business per category for the Finalists! – I was speechless to receive an email to say i had got through to the next stage!!
We then got asked to submit a ‘Mission Statement’ – After Googling this term A LOT! I wrote and submitted my ‘Mission Statement’!
So the winners are announced at an Awards evening held at a venue where everyone gets dressed up in their best dresses and suits and go along for a 3 course dinner, awards and a live band! I took my lovely family along for the lovely evening out (Not expecting to come home with anything but up for a good evening out anyway!)
The winners are determined by an expert panel of judges comparing the finalist’s mission statements against their past clients qualitative comments and appraising their website. Each judge marks a winner 3 points, and 2 runners up with 2 points and 1 point for each category. These points are then added up to gain the winner of each category.
We made the Hour and a half journey down to Plymouth of Friday evening and sat down to an amazing 3 course dinner and watched all the awards being handed out… and then they came to the wedding florist category… My heart was racing listening to all 8 of the florist names being called out as finalists and then came the winner… (my fit bit was saying my heart-rate was 134 and actually could’t give me a reading after that!)
The WINNER of the South West Wedding Florist of the year is FLEUR AMOUR!!! YAY We did it!! Thank you so so much to all of my amazing couples!! I am entered again for next year so lets see if we can do it again!!
I came home to a very special email from the event organisers with all of the lovely comments you all left when you voted! It was very touching to read them all! So below are just a couple for you to read!
- Fleur amour was so professional and courteous. Charlotte was able to create exactly what I was envisaging, providing me with numerous images and ideas to help me make a decision. I preferred the more unusual flowers and opted for king proteas in the end. Charlotte was very accommodating when dealing with my last minute changes and created the most beautiful bouquets. The aesthetics of the bridal pictures would not have been the same without fleur amours wonderful creations. Thank you
- Charlotte was amazing. I first met her at a wedding fair and she noted down my ideas and then sent me some Pinterest boards to help give me lots of ideas for the flowers I’d want. We did everything via email which made things much easier and the flowers on the day were perfect, and reasonably priced compared to other people. Would fully recommend her to anyone!
- Charlotte at fleur amour. Was amazing. She is amazingly talented. She works so hard to ensure the masterpieces she creates are perfect. She adds the personal touch and her creative ideas to support in the decision making. She goes above and beyond. I would always recommend her and use her again. Good luck Charlotte.
- Charlotte has an incredible talent and an amazing eye for detail. She listened to exactly what we wanted and advised us and worked with us. She worked with us even though where she is based and where our wedding was is quite a distance between. Plus she is so lovely made us feel special! I would most definitely recommend her!
- Charlotte Murrant from Fleur Amour was suggested to me by a friend who had her wedding flowers done, I had no clue what I wanted, just knew what colours so left it all to Charlotte to surprise me on the day and wow that’s exactly what she did, the arrangements were so beautiful and everyone commented on how lovely they were, whenever anyone I know says they are getting married I immediately suggest them to Charlotte and Fleur Amour, not only were they great value and extremely affordable, they took my breathe away
- Charlotte is Amazing !!! Charlotte work was out of this world, everyone on the day commented on the flowers saying how stunning they were. She listened to my ideas throughout and nothing was to much trouble, she has a real eye for detail. I would highly recommend charlotte to anyone.
- Charlotte was fantastic! She totally understood my vision for the wedding, despite my colour choices being a little unconventional. She created an INCREDIBLE flower crown and gorgeous bouquets and button holes. They completed our day and really tied everything together. She was so helpful and down to earth too- a pleasure! 🙂
- I cannot say Thankyou to Charlotte enough! She is so very talented and professional. Our Wedding venue looked absolutely fantastic! The bouquets & button holes were just perfect. Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were and I would not have changed a thing for our Wedding. I’m so happy and pleased I picked Charlotte to do our Wedding flowers. I would recommend her every day of the week!!! I need a bigger box to write in!! Hehe!!! Fantastic!! Thankyou so much again Charlotte!!! Good luck!!! You truly deserve it!!! Xxxxxxxxxx
- Charlotte is a very amazing talented lady. The floral displays she created for our wedding last weekend by far exceeding any expectations we both had. She went completely above and beyond and we are absolutely astounded. He service is fab, the displays were certainly value for money, and they made a lot of people happy. We couldn’t have chosen a better florist, as they just finished everything in a brilliant style.
- I gave Charlotte a brief and she absolutely smashed it. I had an image of how i wanted my flowers and she did better than i could have ever wanted. I dont leave anywhere near where we got married but she filled me with confidence that she could do the job and put my at ease that knew what i wanted and she did. I would highly recommend Fleur Amore and i feel very lucky that i picked such an amazing talent to do my flowers. Kind regards, Mr and Mrs Watson
(Sorry I couldn’t just pick a couple so this is about half of them!)